Amanda Annaruma 12/1/11
Mrs. B.
Jello
Winter came quickly this year. Fall had came and went and hear I am. Everyone just ran out of the house to get coffee and take a little road trip to my great aunts house who is usually alone for the holidays. We’d ask her to come here but she never wants to leave the comfort of her own home. Nor did I feel like getting all my winter gear on to go treading in 4 foot snow only to be squeezed into a car with a bunch of old fat people that I haven’t seen in three years. So I stayed home. Sitting on the couch I got up to get a cracker from the kitchen. I then heard a huge thud from the floor above me. I thought it sounded like someone falling out of bed but the floor above me was my room...was someone still here? I went upstairs a few steps and called out to see if someone was there. I didn't expect some one to answer being that if they fell, well from the noise I heard I would expect them to be knocked out. So I dragged myself up the rest of the way only so happy to find everything perfectly in place, my clothes on the floor, bed not made, papers strewn across the desk. Maybe not perfect, but definitely the way I left it. Our house was a hundred years old so I had a thousand excuses to what it could be. Heading back down stairs I thought as though never happened. Sitting back down in the living room I happened to notice that I felt oddly cold. I raised the heat but it made no difference. I curled upon the couch with the cat and a blanket and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something. I quickly turned my head and nothing was there. Just then Tuxi, my cat, not even a half a second later diverted her attention to an empty chair in the room looking, staring it down as if something was there. I heard the thud again, only this time it was the room above the me, the bathroom. I was terrified my heart pounding out of my chest. But no, why would that stop me from going up stairs I knew that whatever was happening who ever was making this happen did not think that they would potentially keep me paranoid for life. By the time I was half way up the stairs I was beginning to cry. The tears rolled down my face and dropping to the floor. It was so quiet I could hear them make contact with the ground. Still something propelled me to keep walking. I got into the hall way and the door to the bathroom was wide open. I stood in front of the bathroom as a black figure stood ten feet in front of me, I couldn’t see its face but its drape like form was enough. I was frozen. It took about two steps towards me and I said "Are you going to hurt me?"And it vanished. I sprinted toward the steps and ran down them so fast I was practically tripping over myself. I grabbed the cat, rapped her in the blanket, yanked my boots and coat off the hook and charged the door. I ripped it open and slammed it behind me. While I was waiting out side for every one to come home, because I definatly was not going back in there, I thought about what just happened. I didn't really believe in ghosts and I didn’t want to either. I knew one thing though...it wasn’t human. I think that is what scared me the most. What ever it was I couldn't control it, talk to it, or try to compromise with it. It was in my house and I dont think it was leaving.
this is awesome!
ReplyDeletejello!
ReplyDeletethanks, but i actually did not mean to post this. And i guess i found another jello!
ReplyDelete